Questions To Ask You Dayhome Provider
Examples of interview questions you should ask your potential Child Care Providers
- Do you have a police clearance and CWIS (Child Welfare Information Services) check done? Available through Child & Family Services Authority Office (Social Services)
- What kind of activities and/or daily schedules will my child be doing?
- What kind of food will be provided? or Should I provide my own food?
- Is your Infant and Child First Aid & CPR up to date?
- Who else will be around my child?
- What other children will be here?
- How many other children will you take care of?
- Will your child have someone to play with?
- What are your methods of discipline?
- I would never send my child if he/she was sick. Will my child be exposed to sick children?
- Will you be driving my child anywhere?
- Do all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors work?
This is not a comprehensive list but a good starting point for parents to know what to ask. It is suggested to interview your dayhome provider like you would interview someone for a job. They are looking after your precious children so it is ok to ask lots of questions to make sure you are choosing the best care-taker for your kids.